Monday, July 20, 2015

Creepiest #nErDcampMI Picture Ever

I had two incredible days at #nErDcampMI 2015. I met up with amazing friends, met wonderful new friends, and learned from some of the most inspiring educators in the country.

I met (and became reacquainted with) fabulous authors and illustrators like Josh Funk, Jess Keating, Debbie Ohi, Liesl Shurtliff, and Lisa Graff.

Then, Caldecott Honor-winner Lauren Castillo walked into the room. (It was a room in a high school normally used for the school's theater department.) 


Gulp. 

I adore her books, especially Nana in the City, and I couldn't wait to meet her.




After introducing myself, we took a picture together and I was embarrassingly excited. She's as cute as can be!


I'm an Amazon Woman next to her.

Later, as I zoomed into my glorious new picture, I noticed something above our heads.


Seriously?


What. Is. That? !!!!!

High school theater departments must be into horror shows or something? Of course it would happen to me that I get to take a picture with LAUREN CASTILLO and a creepy-nasty face is radiating a death glare at me.

So, I decided to make the most of it and recently I posted that creepy face to use as my profile picture on Voxer. 


Creepy Voxer Profile


I know my friends there are enjoying it daily!

Honestly, though, it was such a pleasure to meet Lauren. She's been a great sport about the 

#creepiestpictureever.

No comments:

Post a Comment